Recruiting a Personal Assistant from a provider is more expensive but means less work for you. If you wish to recruit your own Personal Assistant we can go through the recruitment process with you to ensure you get the best value for your money.
For your safety and wellbeing, SACMHA will only support you to recruit workers who have been checked for any criminal convictions.
What you can expect from your Personal Assistant:
Help with personal requirements such as:
- Getting in/out of bed
- Dressing and undressing
- General grooming: hair, skin etc
- Helping in and out of bed/wheelchair
- Assistance with toileting
Help with domestic requirements such as:
- General domestic duties
- General housework, including cleaning and dusting of rooms, furniture and fitments and hoovering
- Preparation and cooking of meals and drinks and clearing up Changing of bed linen Laundry and ironing
- Shopping and/or assistance with shopping Assisting you to move around your home
We will also provide all the necessary documents such as contracts, Job descriptions, timesheets etc.
Registered Charity No. 1058006
A company Limited by Guarantee No.3215318